Hilton Worldwide will open a new Sydney hotel by the year’s end: the West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton, belonging to the chain’s ‘upper upscale’ category and a welcome alternative to the long-standing Hilton Sydney.
Nestled on Sussex Street in the CBD’s west – near to Darling Harbour and approximately five blocks from Wynyard Station – the 182-room new-build hotel features interiors by Woods Bagot: the same design firm behind many of Qantas’ new airport lounges, including the new Domestic Business Lounge in Brisbane.
Key design points created in partnership with Australian firm Fitzpatrick and Partners include an open-air central garden atrium (below), a white waratah flower motif in the lobby and a floral-inspired carpet design in the guest rooms.
Among those 182 rooms will be four spacious suites emphasised with deep tones and marble accents, with the hotel also offering a fully-equipped gym, restaurant and bar.
“The new West Hotel Sydney is a one-of-a-kind addition to our Australia portfolio,” said Guy Phillips, Hilton’s SVP Development, Asia & Australasia, with the property also being the first Curio Collection hotel in Australia.
As part of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, Hilton Honors members can expect complimentary standard-speed WiFi when booking direct, plus complimentary bottled water for Hilton Honors Silver guests, space-available room upgrades for Hilton Honors Gold members and free 'premium' (higher-speed) WiFi for Diamond cardholders, in addition to the perks offered to lower-tier guests.
Hilton Honors members will also be able to earn and spend Hilton Honors points on stays at the West Hotel Sydney.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card