Virgin Australia will increase flights between Brisbane and key regional cities Emerald, Newcastle and Rockhampton, on the back of increased demand from the corporate and resources sectors.
Additional services between Brisbane and Emerald will kick in on 29 October 2012, with new Brisbane-Newcastle and Brisbane-Rockhampton flight starting 12 November 2012.
The airline says it's also adjusted schedules "to provide better onward domestic and international connections beyond Brisbane."
From 29 October, weekday services between Brisbane and Emerald will increase from three to four per day.
Sunday services will increase from two to three, with a flight will also be introduced on Saturdays for the first time.
The flights will run on an ATR-72 turboprop aircraft, with the new services listed below:
- Brisbane to Emerald: depart 10:00am; arrive 11:55am Monday-Friday and Sunday
- Brisbane to Emerald: depart 8:55am; arrive 10:50am Saturday only
- Emerald to Brisbane: depart 12:25pm; arrive 2:10pm Monday-Friday and Sunday
- Emerald to Brisbane: depart 11.20am; arrive 1.05pm Saturday only
From 12 November, weekday services between Brisbane and Newcastle will increase from two to three per day. Weekend services will remain at two per day.
Flight times for the new Fokker 100 services will be:
- Brisbane to Newcastle: depart 6:00am; arrive 8.20am Monday-Friday
- Newcastle to Brisbane: depart 8:50 am; arrive 9:00am (local) Monday-Friday
From 12 November, flight frequency between Brisbane and Rockhampton will increase from seven to eight every weekday, with the addition of a new peak afternoon service.
The flights will run on an ATR-72 turboprop aircraft, with new services as below:
- Brisbane to Rockhampton: depart 4:45pm; arrive 6:20pm Monday-Friday and Sunday
- Rockhampton to Brisbane: depart 6:50pm; arrive 8:20pm Monday-Friday and Sunday
For the latest news for business travellers and frequent flyers, follow us on Twitter: we're @AusBT.