Virgin Australia is dishing out 15% more Velocity Frequent Flyer points on credit card transfers this month, with the number of points needed for award flights in business class, premium economy and economy also dropping by 15% through June 30.
The deal gets even sweeter if you're sitting on a solid pile of credit card points – transfer them to Velocity now and you'll earn that 15% bonus on the lot, taking you to your next free flight or business class upgrade even sooner.
But not every bank is on board: this time around it's available with American Express Membership Rewards, ANZ, Bank of Queensland, CardServices, CItibank, Commonwealth Bank, Diners Club and Suncorp.
Absent from the list is Westpac, St. George, Bank of Melbourne and Bank SA, although these card issuers were part of a similar 15% bonus points deal that ran in November last year.
Also excluded are direct-earning credit cards such as the free American Express Velocity Escape card and the Virgin Money Velocity High Flyer Card, unless an accountholder has been invited to participate in a similar promotion.
If your credit card is one of the Chosen Ones, here's what you'll earn with the 15% bonus on points transferred to Velocity until May 31:
- American Express Membership Rewards, David Jones
- 1 MR point = 1.15 Velocity points (MR Ascent, Ascent Premium)
- 3 MR points = 2.3 Velocity points (MR Business Ascent)
- 2 David Jones points = 1.15 Velocity points (David Jones cards)
- ANZ Rewards and Business One Rewards
- 2.25 Rewards points = 1.15 Velocity points
- Bank of Queensland
- 3 Q Rewards points = 1.15 Velocity points (Platinum only)
- 2 CardServices Rewards points = 1.15 Velocity points (Gold and Platinum only)
- 2 Citi Rewards points = 1.15 Velocity points (Standard, Gold, Platinum)
- 1.5 Citi Rewards points = 1.15 Velocity points (Signature, Prestige, CitiBusiness)
- Commonwealth Bank
- 2.5 Awards points = 1.15 Velocity points (Standard, Gold)
- 2 Awards points = 1.15 Velocity points (Platinum, Diamond)
- Diners Club
- 1.5 Diners Club Rewards points = 1.15 Velocity points
- 2 Suncorp Rewards points = 1.15 Velocity points
For more details, click through to velocityrewards.com.au.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter – we're @AusBT