Want to be an instant mileage millionaire? Star Alliance is giving away 21 million frequent flyer miles to mark the group's 20th anniversary.
The worldwide competition ends on July 31, 2017, with 21 winners each pocketing one million miles in each of Star Alliance members' 21 loyalty schemes – enough for two round-the-world trips in first class.
Entry to the contest is free here – all you need is a profile photo or 'selfie', a photo of your favourite cultural experience, and the membership number to your favourite Star Alliance loyalty scheme.
When uploading your images, you'll merge them together on the competition website to create something like this:
Entries for the competition close on July 31, 2017, with the winners announced on September 28, 2017.
"Each year for 20 years, tens of millions of individuals have been brought together by international travel made possible through the breadth of our Star Alliance network" said Star Alliance CEO Jeffrey Goh, speaking at a worldwide Star Alliance 20th Anniversary media event in Frankfurt, Germany.
The worldwide campaign was supported by activities at many locations around the world. For example, customers visiting one of the six Star Alliance-branded lounges on or around 14 May received special locally-inspired gifts and enjoyed special menu items celebrating the cultures and flavours of the world.
Star Alliance was founded on May 14, 1997 by Scandinavia's SAS, Thai Airways, Air Canada, Lufthansa, and United Airlines – with the five points of the group's star logo also representing each founding member.
11 member airlines fly to Australia, from our neighbour-across-the-pond Air New Zealand and global heavy-hitter Singapore Airlines to Air Canada, ANA, Asiana, Thai and United.
Lufthansa, Swiss and SAS are also popular choices for Aussies flying to Europe via Singapore and Hong Kong.
David Flynn visited Frankfurt as a guest of Star Alliance.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available