Singapore Airlines will reveal its all-new Airbus 380 first class suites and business class seats on Thursday November 2, ahead of the delivery of the first of five new superjumbos to join the fleet.
The Star Alliance member will unveil the new products at an international media launch event held in Singapore.
Also tipped for the grand reveal are new designs for premium economy and economy class, resulting in a tip-to-tail refresh for the decade-old design of the A380s.
The new seats are expected to be retrofitted to most of Singapore Airlines' existing A380 fleet.
As previously reported by Australian Business Traveller, the new first class suites will be larger than their current counterparts, although there'll be fewer of them – with between six and eight suites on the new birds, down from 12 today, although there's speculation that the airline could also offer an oversized 1A 'apartment' suite.
First class will also be relocated to the upper deck, instead of the nose of the superjumbo’s main deck.
Arrayed behind those suites will be redesigned business class seats which will stretch all the way to the end of the upper deck.
(This same business class seat will also appear on a new ultra-long range version of the Airbus A350 due in late 2018, which Singapore Airlines will use to restart non-stop flights from Singapore to Los Angeles, New York and a third as-yet-unnamed US destination.)
Sydney is still believed to be earmarked as a launch route for the new Airbus A380, with London to follow.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card