If you're in the market for a new Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card, take a look at this month's top sign-up deals – each being your Golden Ticket (or rather, your Platinum or Black ticket) to between 80,000 and 120,000 bonus Qantas Points per card application, on plastic issued by American Express, NAB, St. George and Westpac.
Here's what September has to offer.
1. American Express Platinum charge cards
This month's top honours go to the American Express Platinum Business Card with an offer of 120,000 bonus Qantas Points – followed by the personal version of the same card – the American Express Platinum Charge Card – promising 80,000 bonus Qantas Points.
For business owners, apply for the Platinum Business Card by November 30 2017, pay an annual fee of $1,500 and spend at least $5,000 on purchases in the first two months to earn that bonus, while other applicants can instead apply for the personal Platinum Charge Card, pay a $1,200 annual fee and spend $1,500 on purchases within the first three months.
(Until October 2 2017, the personal Platinum Charge Card offered the equivalent of 100,000 bonus Qantas Points.)
Bonus points are delivered as American Express Membership Rewards Ascent Premium points, which can be converted into Qantas Points on a 1:1 basis, with business cardholders also earning up to two Ascent Premium points (two Qantas Points) per dollar spent, and personal cardholders up to three Ascent Premium points (three Qantas Points) per dollar spent.
2. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
Prefer a direct-earning Qantas credit card where your points are automatically transferred to your Frequent Flyer account every month? Then get your hands on the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, which also tempts with 55,000 bonus Qantas Points.
(Until October 2 2017, the offer on this card was 100,000 bonus Qantas Points.)
New customers can earn those points when applying, paying a $450 annual fee and spending at least $1,500 on the card within the first three months. AMEX also throws in a complimentary return Qantas domestic flight as part of the parcel, but as of October 31 2017, will instead become a $450 annual travel credit which can be used towards the purchase of flights instead.
Cardholders can also earn 2.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on Qantas flights and Qantas Club lounge membership, 1.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent (uncapped) almost everywhere else including with utilities and insurers, and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on payments to government bodies in Australia.
3. Westpac Altitude Black American Express, Mastercard credit cards
Prefer to have an American Express card and a 'non-AMEX' card on the one account? Then check out Westpac's Altitude Black American Express + Mastercard combo, with its current sign-up offer of 80,000 bonus Qantas Points and a reduced annual fee of $195 in the first year: but with a further 20,000 bonus Qantas Points on the table as well, for customers who apply via Australian Business Traveller before October 26.
You'll earn the main chunk of 80,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply via this link by October 26 2017 and spend at least $5,000 on purchases within 90 days of approval – using either the American Express card, the Mastercard or a combination of both – plus the extra 20,000 bonus Qantas Points on card approval under Westpac's additional offer, which could allow customers to earn 100,000 bonus Qantas Points overall
Choose 'Altitude Qantas' as your rewards option and you'll also unlock 1.25 Qantas Points per dollar spent via the AMEX, uncapped, and 0.625 Qantas Points per dollar spent when using the Mastercard, except on ATO payments which don't earn points via either card.
4. NAB Qantas Rewards Visa Signature credit card
The new NAB Qantas Rewards Visa Signature credit card places a close 90,000 bonus Qantas Points on the table when applying by November 12 2017, paying an annual fee of $395 and spending at least $4,000 on purchases within the first 60 days.
General spending on the card also reels in one Qantas Point per dollar up to $5,000 per month; 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar on amounts between $5,001 and $20,000 per month; but no points at all on any further purchases.
The business version of this card – the NAB Qantas Business Visa Signature credit card – instead offers 75,000 bonus Qantas Points when applying by October 1 2017 and spending $4,000 on everyday business purchases within 60 days of opening the account.
5. St. George Amplify Signature Visa credit card
Also offering 90,000 bonus Qantas Points – but awarded over a longer period of time – is the $279/year St. George Amplify Signature Visa credit card.
At first, you'll pocket 60,000 bonus Qantas Points as a new cardholder after spending $3,000 on purchases within 90 days of card approval, plus a further 30,000 bonus Qantas Points in the second year when you pay the card's annual fee once more, delivering 90,000 bonus Qantas Points in total.
Cardholders can also earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases (via the 'Amplify Qantas' earning option), plus a 10% 'birthday bonus' awarded in the month of their birthday, being 10% of the points earned over the past 12 months (or part thereof), elevating the haul to 0.825 Qantas Points per dollar spent, uncapped.
This same offer is also available via the near-identical Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Visa credit card.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card