An easy 40,000 Qantas frequent flyer points are up for grabs when applying for the Commonwealth Bank Platinum Awards credit cards.
As an added bonus, the normal $249 annual fee is waived in the first year – but you'll still be charged the bank's annual $10 fee in order to earn Qantas Points.
Just apply online by July 3, and if your application is approved, spend just $500 on either the Platinum American Express or Platinum MasterCard by August 31 2015 for your bounty of 40,000 points.
On these purchases and on all further transactions, the American Express pays out 1.25 Qantas Points per dollar spent, while the MasterCard provides a meagre 0.5 Qantas Points on the same amount.
Globetrotters can make use of free international travel insurance on trips of six months or less, as can their spouse and dependent children when travelling together.
To quality, simply pre-pay at least $1,000 of each person’s travel costs – so if you’re using those 40,000 points to jet off somewhere exotic, using the card to pre-pay your hotels or transfers means you’ll still be covered.
After earning those 40,000 bonus points with Qantas, there's also the option of cancelling the direct sweep and earning Commonwealth Awards points instead, which can later be converted into Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer points.
If that’s your goal, points transfers must be completed manually but with the same earning rate per dollar with Velocity as with Qantas.
To take advantage of this special offer, you’ll need to apply through the dedicated promotion page on the CBA website.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card