Singapore Airlines’ new business class seats, set to debut on the airline's Boeing 777-300ER service between Singapore and London later this year, shares similar design DNA as its new first class mini-suites.
Singapore Airlines has retained the forward-facing layout and 1-2-1 configuration as its current business class cabin, with a similar degree of ‘private space’.
There are now two positions between the standard upright seating and lie-flat bed, which SQ terms Lazy Z and Sundeck mode.
The 28 inch wide seat converts to a 78 inch long flat bed, using the same flip-over design as SQ’s current business class product, with an increased recline from 128 degrees to 132 degrees.
There’s a new amenity storage area on the side console and a separate laptop stowage area.
An ‘all in one business panel’ sports the laptop power supply, USB port plus eXport and HDMI ports. As with the new first class there’s a floodlight reading lamp and on/off switch for the 18 inch LDC monitor (up from today’s 15.4 inches).
There’s also a height-adjustable table of 20.5 inches x 14.5 inches which deploys from the side console, a personal vanity mirror and cocktail trays.
The new business class seats will debut in September on a new Boeing 777-300ER plying the London-Singapore route, and will be fitted to all new Boeing 777s joining the SQ fleet, along with the forthcoming Airbus A350s.
However, Singapore Airlines has no firm plans to upgrade its existing aircraft, including its flagship Airbus A380s.
Australian Business Traveller is attending the launch of Singapore Airlines' new seats in Singapore as a guest of Singapore Airlines.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on twitter: we're @AusBT
Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel.
- 2 American Express Airport Lounge entries each calendar year
- 2 Qantas Club lounge invitations each year
- Up to 44 Interest-free days and 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Get rewarded with up to 2.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There’s no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, plus American Express will transfer your points straight to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Receive complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership. This allows you to enjoy gourmet food, exceptional wines and exclusive access to food and wine events around Australia.