Qantas is now handing out free passes to its first class lounges at Sydney, Melbourne and Los Angeles as a new perk for Platinum One-grade frequent flyers.
Each Platinum One card-holder will receive two invitations to the Qantas first class lounges each membership year – with those invites sitting atop the usual allowance to guest in one fellow traveller who's booked on the same flight.
The passes – which are also valid for business class lounges – are issued online, reflecting the airline's move to digital lounge passes as a way to circumvent them being sold through trading sites such as eBay and Gumtree.
They can be transferred to any Qantas Frequent Flyer member but have to be assigned to that member's Qantas flight.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card