Melbourne Airport's international terminal will see its first pay-to-enter lounge with the opening of the new Marhaba lounge on September 12, 2017.
Part of the Marhaba lounge network operated by the Emirates-owned Dnata air services group, passengers who lack access to an airline-specific lounge – most likely because they're not travelling in business or first class, or don't have appropriate frequent flyer status – can pay their way into the lounge for A$65 for up to four hours.
Some airlines will offer access to selected travellers who hold membership in that airline's lounge program but not the appropriately lofty frequent flyer status, and Australian Business Traveller understands the lounge could be added to the Priority Pass network in the future.
With room for 200 travellers, features of the lounge include a buffet, shower suites and a quiet zone.
The wine list boasts "a selection of Australia’s finest wines', according to Dnata, or a shot of Hudson Coffee fro the barista bar for that morning wake-up.
The Marhaba Lounge is open daily from 6am to midnight.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available