Lufthansa's Miles & More frequent flyer program will shift to a revenue-based program this week, with the number of 'award miles' earned on Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian Airlines being based on the price of your airfare rather than just the booking class (or the booking class and length of the route).
Kicking in from March 12, the new Miles & More formula will take the total fare in Euros – including surcharges – and multiply it by what the airline calls an 'X factor' of between four and six to determine the number of award miles to land in your account.
The base rate will be x4, which will include the basic Miles & More membership tier.
Higher levels of Miles & More status – Frequent Traveller, Senator and HON Circle – will hoover up six award miles per Euro on most Miles & More partner airlines, apart from a smaller 5x serve on some other carriers including budget airline Eurowings.
The new system takes effect from March 12, 2018, and Lufthansa Group says there will be "no change to status miles and privileges."
Lufthansa says the revised award miles table will reward "the purchase of higher-priced tickets more strongly than is currently the case."
"This change will also not have a fundamental impact on the number of award miles that are distributed by the airlines over all, or on the availability of flight rewards."
Miles for tickets booked before March 12, 2018 will be credited according to the present system, even if the trip itself begins on or after the cutoff date.
For more information on these changes, visit miles-and-more.com/mileage-allocation.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available