Sydney's second airport at Badgery's Creek may still be a decade away, if it ever gets built at all, but Google Maps is ready for it – and will even provide driving directions, should you want to be really early for your flight.
Google's all-seeing mapping software finds and identifies the airport by its formal name of Sydney West Airport, which was first used by the Federal Government in 1994 and again in the Airports Act of 1996.
Google also pulls together a Google Plus page for the airport.
The airport even has its own international airport code already set aside – it's SWZ. Not quite as catchy as SYD or MEL, but then, nor is the blandly generic 'Sydney West Airport' moniker.
Never the less, that makes Sydney West Airport official enough for websites like FlightStats to create an automated and impressively legitimate-looking listing for it.
SWZ has already been 'reviewed' by one FlightStats user, who panned the airport as 'terrible' and awarded it one star our of five. But can you trust a reviewer named RBranson?
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel.
- 2 American Express Airport Lounge entries each calendar year
- 2 Qantas Club lounge invitations each year
- Up to 44 Interest-free days and 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Get rewarded with up to 2.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There’s no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, plus American Express will transfer your points straight to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Receive complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership. This allows you to enjoy gourmet food, exceptional wines and exclusive access to food and wine events around Australia.