UPDATE | Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner will make a second visit to Sydney starting Thursday May 24, 2012 – and this time we'll be going on a test flight! Click here for all the details.
PREVIOUS | Australians will get a first-hand look at the Boeing 787 Dreamliner next week when Qantas and Boeing bring the revolutionary jet down under for a whistle-stop promotional tour.
The Dreamliner will carry both Qantas and Jetstar livery, reflecting that both airlines will employ the 787 from early 2013 – first Jetsar, and later Qantas – on international and domestic routes. (See the timeline and breakdown of Qantas' plans for the Dreamliner in Qantas does the 787 shuffle.)
Qantas is expected to host the 787 at Sydney airport on Tuesday November 15 and Wednesday November 16, before heading to Melbourne airport for Thursday November 17.
Qantas spokeswoman Olivia Wirth told The Australian aviation reporter Steve Creedy that the airline is looking to do "open days and that sort of thing so people can come and see it".
There won't be much to see on the inside, however – according to Boeing exec Scott Francher "the interior is filled with test equipment and therefore far from showroom standard."
Australian Business Traveller will be attending a media-only tour of the 787 on the morning of Wednesday November 16 and we'll tweet anything that's newsworthy from the event on our @AusBT Twitter channel.
Also in AusBT's Boeing 787 Dreamliner coverage:
- Exclusive photo tour: inside ANA's new Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Photos: inside the Boeing 787's funky crew rest 'loft'
- Why business travellers will love the Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Flying in a Boeing 787 Dreamliner: first real-life video
- Photos & video: Inside the first ANA Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Boeing chooses Android for 787 Dreamliner's entertainment system
- Qantas does the 787 shuffle
- United aims for first Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights by mid-2012
About David Flynn
David Flynn is the editor of Australian Business Traveller and a bit of a travel tragic with a weakness for good coffee, shopping and lychee martinis.