Malaysia Airlines passengers from Melbourne and Adelaide will be the latest to see the airline's newest seats and cabins when the latest Airbus A330-300 aircraft arrive on the routes in late September.
Business class passengers will see a new cabin, with angled lie-flat seats, on-demand entertainment, adjustable headrest, power supply and USB port for laptops, iPhones and other electronic equipment.
There'll even be power points, USB and AVOD entertainment in economy.
Chic mood lighting is featured throughout the plane, all part of the airline's plans to "provide an enhanced product to our discerning customers".
The new planes will start flying between Kuala Lumpur and Melbourne & Adelaide from 26 September this year. Melbourne has a twice-daily return flight, while Adelaide sees six flights to KL a week.
As usual, business class passengers on Malaysia Airlines can accumulate miles in the airline's own Enrich program, or via partners including Virgin Australia's Velocity and Delta's SkyMiles.
Flying on these new Airbus A330 aircraft? Don't miss our guide to picking the best seats in business class on the plane.
Here are the full schedules for Malaysia Airlines flights to and from Melbourne and Adelaide:
- MH148 leaves Melbourne at 1500 and arrives in Kuala Lumpur at 2110
- MH128 leaves Melbourne at 0015 and arrives in Kuala Lumpur at 0625
- MH129 leaves Kuala Lumpur at 1005 and arrives in Melbourne at 1940
- MH149 leaves Kuala Lumpur at 2145 and arrives in Melbourne at 0720
- MH138 leaves Adelaide on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 1500, arriving in Kuala Lumpur at 1900
- MH136 leaves Adelaide on Tuesdays, Fridays and SUndays at 0900, arriving in Kuala Lumpur at 1500
- MH 139 leaves Kuala Lumpur every day except Tuesday at 2150 and arrives at 0615 the next day.
(Times are likely to change with daylight savings.)
About John Walton
Aviation journalist and travel columnist John took his first long-haul flight when he was eight weeks old and hasn't looked back since. Well, except when facing rearwards in business class.