Australian Business Traveller is growing – and we're looking for the right person to become part of the AusBT team.
With over one million readers each month, Australian Business Traveller is now one of the world's most popular websites for business travellers and frequent flyers.
As a staff journalist on Australian Business Traveller you’ll be researching and writing news articles and features about issues relevant to our core audience such as premium seats and cabins, lounges, frequent flyer schemes, points, status, credit cards and more.
Other duties will include covering personal technology news and product reviews, compiling our twice-weekly email newsletter and helping develop our online community.
This is a full-time salaried position, and it might just be your dream job... but we're very selective about who we bring on board, because this is not an easy gig. It's fun, but it can also be very demanding.
Our preference is for somebody living in Sydney but we'll choose the best candidate regardless of whether they're in Parramatta or Paraburdoo. You must, however, live in Australia.
While a background in journalism is desirable, it's not essential: it’s more important that you have solid research and writing abilities (including the ability to write in an engaging style for a clearly-defined readership) and are highly knowledgeable on the core content of Australian Business Traveller.
Ready to take the next step? Complete this secure online application form before Friday March 23, 2018.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card