American Express’ airport Centurion Lounges in the United States welcome many more credit card holders than you might think: despite the name, you don’t need a by-invitation American Express Centurion card to get through the door.
Fact is, any American Express credit or charge card, including those issued in Australia, serve as your ticket to what’s inside – but while some cards include complimentary access, with others there’s a fee to pay.
These Centurion Lounges can be found in Dallas/Fort Worth, Las Vegas, Miami, New York (LaGuardia) and San Francisco, with a separate ‘Centurion Studio’ lounge in Seattle.
American Express Centurion Lounges: who gets in?
At the top of the list are American Express Platinum Charge Card, American Express Business Platinum, American Express Corporate Platinum and American Express Centurion cardholders from any country, who pay no fees to access Centurion Lounges and Centurion Studios.
These cardholders can also bring two adult guests into the lounges with them at no cost: particularly useful for Australian travellers in Dallas/Fort Worth prior to Qantas’ nightly service home to Sydney, where the Exhale day spa with complimentary treatments for lounge guests awaits.
All other cardholders with any other type of AMEX – including customers with regular, Gold, Platinum and Black AMEX cards from ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, NAB and Westpac – can visit Centurion Lounges for a fee of US$50 per person, billed directly to your American Express card at reception.
Centurion Studios, however, are off-limits to all but American Express Platinum Charge Card, American Express Business Platinum, American Express Corporate Platinum and American Express Centurion cardholders, with no option to pay for one-off access at the door.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available