Virgin Australia is handing out free business class upgrades to its top-tier frequent flyers.
The airline is this week issuing a 'Complimentary Upgrade' to all Platinum and Gold members of the Velocity Frequent Flyer scheme.
If that's you, check your account at VelocityRewards.com.au, where you should spy the upgrade listed in the My Benefits section.
For Platinums, this comes on top of the four annual upgrades which are a perk of your shiny status.
The sole condition for this one-off freebie is that it can be used only on Virgin's Flexi Fare economy tickets, not the cheapest Saver fares.
The dollar difference between these varies between flights – there's a much wider margin between the low-cost Saver fare and standard Flexi Fare on the least-popular flights between any two destinations, while the price gap narrows during peak travel periods.
We reckon the best value of this upgrade is going to be on Virgin Australia's Airbus A330 'Coast to Coast' flights between Sydney or Melbourne and Perth – that'll give you a chance to make the most of the A330's international-grade business class on the long transcontinental trek.
More Virgin Australia news from Australian Business Traveller
- Virgin Australia looks to buy Boeing 787 Dreamliner or Airbus A350
- Virgin Australia takes on Qantas with invitation-only Club lounge
- Virgin Australia axes unlimited 'anytime access' to airport lounges
- Virgin Australia: Melbourne-Perth goes 'all A330' from September
- Virgin Australia's new Airbus A330 lie-flat business class seats
Get the latest updates for business traveller and frequent flyers: follow @AusBT on Twitter.