In the market for a new credit card with a sizeable chunk of bonus points on the side? Then peruse these latest offers from American Express, ANZ, Bank of Melbourne, Citibank, HSBC, Qantas Money, St. George and Westpac, with collectively place over 700,000 Qantas Points on the table.
Even one card application can deliver as many as 100,000 bonus Qantas Points for ABN holders or 80,000 bonus Qantas Points for new personal credit card customers, so without further delay, here are this month's best Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card sign-up offers.
1. American Express Platinum personal, business charge cards
Get your hands on six figures of Qantas Points this month with a new American Express Platinum Business Card – offering 120,000 bonus Qantas Points – or 100,000 bonus Qantas Points via the personal version of the same card: the American Express Platinum Charge Card.
If you have an ABN, you'll earn those points by applying for the business card by October 2 2017 and charging at least $5,000 within the first two months, unlocking 120,000 Membership Rewards Ascent Premium points which can be converted to Qantas Frequent Flyer at a 1:1 rate.
Otherwise, the personal card provides 100,000 bonus Ascent Premium points when applying by October 2 2017 and spending at least $1,500 on the card within the first three months, which can again be transformed into Qantas Points at a 1:1 rate.
You can also earn up to three Ascent Premium points per dollar spent (on-par with three Qantas Points) aside an annual fee of $1,200, or can earn up to two Ascent Premium points per dollar spent on business expenses via the business charge card for an annual fee of $1,500.
2. Westpac Altitude Black American Express, Mastercard
Westpac also entices new customers this month with a bounty of 80,000 bonus Qantas Points on its Altitude Black American Express + Mastercard combo account, plus a reduced annual fee of $195 in the first year (normally $395).
That's achieved when you apply by October 26 2017 and spend at least $5,000 on the account within 90 days of card approval – which can be charged to the AMEX, Mastercard or a combination of both.
With no limit to the number of points you can earn, you'll also accumulate 1.25 Qantas Points per dollar spent when using the American Express card and 0.625 Qantas Points per dollar spent through the Mastercard (except on payments to the ATO), provided you select 'Altitude Qantas' as your preferred rewards option.
3. ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer Black Visa credit card
With a solid-earning Visa credit card in place of a companion American Express card, ANZ excites with 75,000 Bonus Qantas Points and 75 Bonus Status Credits for eligible new customers on its top-of-the-line ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Visa.
Those points can be yours after spending $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first three months, with those status credits landing in your account when you apply before September 30 2017 and book and take a Qantas return flight by January 31 2018.
Better yet, there's no annual fee to pay in the first year (normally $425), while you can earn one Qantas Point per dollar spent up to and including spends of $7,500 per monthly statement period, and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent thereafter (excluding on ATO payments).
4. Citi Prestige Visa Infinite credit card
Over at Citibank comes a continuing offer of 70,000 bonus Qantas Points for new Citi Prestige Visa Infinite credit card customers – earned when applying by June 30 2017 and simply making a purchase of any amount within the first 90 days.
To earn Qantas Points, be sure to select the 'Citi Qantas Rewards Program' option during the application process, and note that a total annual fee of $749 applies when earning Qantas Points – being the card's standard $700 annual fee plus an additional $49/year charge to opt for the Roo.
As of June 15 2017, this card also yields 1.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent abroad and with restaurants, hotels and airlines in Australia; one Qantas Point per dollar spent at Aussie supermarkets, petrol stations and major national retailers; and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent everywhere else (all government payments excluded).
5. HSBC Qantas Platinum, Qantas Premier, St. George Amplify Signature, Westpac Altitude Platinum
Fifth place finds a five-way tie between the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Visa, HSBC Qantas Platinum Visa, the new Qantas Premier Mastercard, the St. George Amplify Signature Visa and Westpac’s Altitude Platinum AMEX + Visa duo, each with an offer of 60,000 bonus Qantas Points, earned as follows:
- Bank of Melbourne: Lodge your application by September 20 2017 and spend $3,000 within 90 days of card approval. If you keep the card for at least 12 months and pay the $279 annual fee in the second year, you'll also fetch an additional 30,000 bonus Qantas Points in 2018. This card earns 0.75 Qantas Points per dollar spent as of July 1 2017.
- HSBC: Apply by June 30 2017, pay an annual fee of $199 and spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months. You'll also earn one Qantas Point per dollar spent up to $2,500 per month, and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent thereafter.
- Qantas Premier: Get your application in by August 31 2017 and spend at least $3,000 within the first 90 days. A reduced annual fee of $149 applies in the first year ($299 thereafter), with cardholders able to earn one Qantas Point per dollar spent in Australia up to $10,000 per month and 0.5 Qantas Points thereafter, uncapped. Foreign currency transactions always earn 1.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent.
- St. George: Mirroring Bank of Melbourne, cardholders who apply by September 20 and spend $3,000 within 90 days of card approval will unlock those bonus points, with a further 30,000 bonus points available in a year's time. Earning rates and fees are also in line with the Bank of Melbourne card.
- Westpac: Apply by June 28 2017 and spend at least $3,000 on either card (or a combination of both) within 90 days of approval. You’ll also earn one Qantas Point per dollar spent via the AMEX and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar when using Visa, up to a maximum of 3,750 Qantas Points per month.