So you reckon today's Airbus A380 first class suites are eye-catching? Take a look at some original concepts for the superjumbo, created before the A380's debut in 2007.
These mock-up cabins explored the possibilities of the A380's spacious cabin.
Tagged as "super first class", the large private suites with their sliding doors are similar in general concept to what we see on the A380s flown by Singapore Airlines, Emirates , Asiana and Etihad – although with a decided more futuristic bent.
Interestingly, each suite contained a separate reclining chair and a lounge which folded out into a bed – a design only realised earlier this year by in Etihad's new A380 first class Apartments (seen below).
The Airbus mock-ups also included a first class lounge space with two sofas and tables on the upper deck.
The very front of the upper deck, on either side of the staircase to the main deck, saw a small lounge nook on one side and a "kingsize bathroom" which could incorporate a shower on the other side.
These are both elements which have been embraced in varying forms by all airlines flying the A380.
Business class was located downstairs at the front of the main deck, with Airbus showcasing what it called a "business class of the future."
This included pod-type lie-flat seats and a 1-2-1 design with direct aisle access for every passenger – traits which, barely seven years on, are now the norm for most business class cabins.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available