EXCLUSIVE | Telstra will today launch a flat $10/day global roaming deal in 57 counties around the world, with a cut-price $5/day for New Zealand.
The carrier will scrap its complicated Travel Pass packs in favour of the simplified scheme, which covers most countries in Europe, Asia, North America and South America as well as the UAE.
However, while the new International Day Pass is simpler to buy and manage, it comes with a meagre daily data allowance of just 100MB per day.
Travellers who inevitably bust through that ceiling after a bit of Web browsing and email, some Google Maps navigation and a dollop of social media posting will be charged at 3c per MB until their current 24 hour period expires.
Telstra will however sell a 1GB 'day pass data top-up' pack for $25, which will be valid for 31 days from the day of purchase.
Pre-launch material for the new scheme, issued to staff and sighted by Australian Business Traveller, also say that customers will get “unlimited international calls & SMS” under the plan.
Arch-rival Vodafone charges $5 per day in 57 countries with free roaming in New Zealand, and – unlike the new Telstra plans – is based on the more generous data allowance of the subscriber's Australian plan rather than an overseas 'allowance', which means you're able to tap into gigabytes per day rather than megabytes.
Telstra customers will be able to activate their International Travel Pass online, using the Telstra app or at their destination.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available