Want to top up your Virgin Australia Velocity rewards account? Sir Richard Branson is giving away his entire stash of "over one million points".
Branson's actual tally is 1,035,843 Velocity Frequent Flyer points, says Virgin Australia.
That's about enough for a Virgin Australia business class return ticket between Sydney and Los Angeles plus a return business class Sydney-London jaunt with Virgin partner Etihad Airways.
Virgin Australia has whipped up a contest to have all of the British billionaire's Velocity points handed over to one lucky Australian or New Zealand Velocity member.
So how do you take your shot at adding one million Velocity points to your personal haul?
Jump onto your Twitter account and send a tweet containing
- the first three digits of your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership number (not the whole number!)
- the hashtag #WinRichardsPoints
- and your response to the question "What would you do with Richard Branson's Velocity Frequent Flyer points?"
[Click here to see the full terms and conditions.]
The competition closes at 11:59pm AEDT on Friday 14 February 2014, so get in quick!
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card