Qatar Airways will begin flying its highly-regarded Qsuite business class to Sydney and Canberra from next month.
The airline has confirmed that its flights QR906/QR907 will be upgraded to the business class suites "up to four times a week" as of July 1, with Qsuites every day from August 1.
On the primary Doha-Sydney leg the Boeing 777-300ER will run alongside the airline's existing Airbus A380 service, which lacks the Qsuites but still sports excellent business class seats...
... along with an inflight lounge/bar where you can stretch your legs and socialise during the 15-hour trek to Doha.
Both flights include the airline's dine on demand concept, which allows business class travellers to order any item from the menu at any time during the flight.
PREVIOUS | Qatar Airways will begin flying its advanced Qsuite business class seats to Sydney and Canberra from June 2018 as the Gulf airline continued its push into the highly competitive Australian market with new and upgraded Boeing 777-300ER jets.
"From June you will receive a Qsuite every day, unless we have a technical issue with one of the airplanes," Qatar Airways CEO His Excellency Akbar Al Baker told Australian Business Traveller at a media event today for the launch of Qatar Airways’ daily Doha-Canberra flights.
The Qsuite made a fleeting and undeniably teasing appearance on Monday's inaugural flight between Doha and Canberra, but has been replaced by an older Boeing 777 fitted with an earlier model of business class seats (below) for all subsequent flights.
Although the older seat still converts into a lie-flat bed and boasts ample legroom, the 2-2-2 seating layout and relatively limited personal space around the seat is at least a generation behind the impressive Qsuites in every way.
But from an as-yet-unspecified date in June, business class flyers will be able to ensconce themselves in the Qsuite, which is widely regarded as the world's best business class seat, with its sliding first class-like doors, ample personal space around the seat and also high-speed WiFi.
Flying with a partner in the Qsuites opens up the option for not just sitting next to one another but sleeping next to one another...
... while two adjoining middle suites can open up to create a shared space for four passengers travelling together.
The new Canberra-Sydney-Doha route also provide Sydney travellers with a choice of two daily Qatar Airways flights.
David Flynn travelled to Canberra as a guest of Qatar Airways
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available