Qantas opens its all-new lounge at Singapore’s Changi Airport today with a host of high-end features including a Neil Perry Rockpool menu, hawker centre-inspired open grill station, a cocktail bar plus a valet service for top-tier frequent flyers.
Revealing a new concept for the airline’s international lounges, the Qantas Singapore Lounge draws on Qantas’ flagship lounges in Sydney and Melbourne while adding several new elements into the mix.
This includes a live cooking station and communal dining areas inspired by Asia’s lively hawker centres.
Qantas’ consulting chef Neil Perry has lent his culinary skills to the lounge, with menus based on his Rockpool restaurant empire – specifically Perry's acclaimed Spice Temple eateries in Sydney and Melbourne – to serve dishes are built around regional cuisine and flavours.
The lounge's meal service also includes a plate of the day tray-around service featuring some favourite items from the Sydney and Melbourne First lounges – including the famous salt & pepper calamari, club sandwiches and mini-burgers.
That's all alongside the standing menu and an extensive buffet.
Travellers can wash their meal down with a cocktail, glass of wine or freshly-pulled barista coffee.
The lounge's Y-shaped design creates three main spaces beyond the slick lobby. One 'wing' houses the dining area, part of which you can see above.
This includes the cooking stations and buffet, with a series of shared dining tables running around the perimeter of the lounge.
The other wing is where travellers can relax before or after their meal.
This vast space is decked with scores of comfortable lounge chairs...
... in a variety of styles and configurations.
There are also several long tables where you can park your laptop or tablet (AC power sockets are underneath the table).
Joining both of those zones together is the cocktail bar.
“The Singapore Lounge has been designed to complement the destination” says Simon Hickey, Qantas International CEO.
“It’s vibrant and elegant, spacious and luxurious, and it’s the perfect environment for our customers to relax before their flight."
Platinum One perks
The Qantas Singapore Lounge replaces the separate First and Business class lounges operated by Qantas and British Airways under their now-defunct joint venture.
But there will still be a few perks reserved for those sitting at the top of the frequent flyer food chain.
Platinum One members of Qantas Frequent Flyer scheme will be offered shirt pressing and a shoe shine, and also have first dibs at reserving one of the 20 shower suites.
(That could come in handy if the lounge ever approaches its capacity of 460 guests.)
Members of the Qantas Chairman's Lounge will find three showers reserved for their use, each with complementary packs of Payot skincare products and even DIY manicure kits.
The finishing touches..
Other creature comforts include 80-inch flatscreen TVs, fast and free wi-fi and plenty of AC powerpoints and USB ports scattered throughout the lounge.
The Qantas Singapore Lounge is open daily from 2.30pm to 11pm. The wide-ranging access policy covers:
- Qantas business class passengers
- business class and first class travellers on oneworld partner airlines
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold, Platinum and Platinum One members travelling on Qantas, Emirates, Jetstar or a oneworld partner airline
- oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members booked on a oneworld operated and marketed flight
- Emirates Skywards Platinum and Gold members travelling on either Qantas or Emirates flights
- Qantas Club members flying on Qantas, Emirates or Jetstar
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available