Qantas has pulled back the covers on its upgraded T3 international terminal at Perth Airport ahead of this month's launch of non-stop flights between Perth and London.
Those flights, along with other Qantas services to Singapore and Auckland as of March 24, will run from a new international wing at the otherwise-domestic Terminal 3, which abuts Terminal 4 as part of what the airline likes to call its Qantas Terminal Precinct.
T3's international zone sports its own immigration and customs area, duty-free store, cafes and bars, along with three 'swing gates' gates which can be used for international and domestic flights as needed.
There'll also be a new Qantas T3 international lounge (located towards the edge of T3, near gates 21-25) featuring an airy open design and an outdoor barbecue area.
However, as previously reported, this will be available only to travellers in transit on those non-stop Boeing 787 flights between Perth and London, with the sole exception of those starting their journey in Perth on QF9 or continuing east-bound on the Dreamliner to Melbourne and Los Angeles.
Passengers jetting out on Qantas' Perth-Singapore and Perth-Auckland flights, as well as on the Boeing 787's domestic QF10 Perth-Melbourne leg, will use the domestic Qantas lounges at Terminal 4 and then make their way across to T3's international wing to catch their flight.
Travellers on all Qantas-run international flights will check in at T4, proceed through the airport's domestic security gates, and then head over to T3's international wing for a second security sweep due to international security and passport checks.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card