Fly with Qantas? Got an iPhone? Then your next logical step is grab the Red Roo's new iPhone app, which is now live on Apple's iTunes Store.
The free app is a far more versatile travel tool compared to the very limited Qantas Frequent Flyer app.
Even more pleasing is that Qantas is working on an Android edition of this app. A Qantas spokeswoman confirmed to Australian Business Traveller today that "an Android version will be released later this year".
Fare alerts, flight status and Passbook support
So what has Qantas rolled into this shiny piece of digital candy?
There's the usual search-and-book service, of course.
But travellers can create a watchlist for specific destinations and receive an alert when there's a sale or special offer, or even whenever a specific fare falls below your preferred price.
(So to that extent it basically apes the Virgin Australia iPhone app).
There's also the mandatory mobile check-in for most domestic flights, with boarding passes (colour-coded to match your Qantas Frequent Flyer status) automatically added to Apple's Passbook app.
You'll also get live updates on flight status, in case a delay means you can spend a bit more time in the lounge.
Members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer scheme can check their current tally of points.
Click here to download the free Qantas Airways iPhone app – and once you've taken it for a spin, share your observations in the comments area below.
Keep up to date with the latest news for business travellers and frequent flyers: follow @AusBT on Twitter.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available