Priority Pass members can now catch some shut-eye in between flights at Dubai International Airport with a new wing of ‘sleep pods’ joining the program, which cardholders can visit in lieu of a more traditional airport lounge.
Found near Gate A1 in Terminal 3 – the same used by Qantas and Emirates – travellers can approach the Sleep ‘n’ Fly reception desk, swipe their Priority Pass card and set up camp in a private pod.
Each offers a fully-flat bed, space to securely store your luggage, both AC and USB power outlets to recharge your devices while you doze, access to wireless Internet and a dimmable LED light.
Disposable ear plugs and head rest covers are also at-hand, along with a wake-up service with your choice of hot or cold towel.
However, blankets, pillows, eye shades, slippers, travel adaptors & shower kits to use in the nearby public showers are all subject to payment.
Between 12pm and 10pm daily, one swipe of your Priority Pass card provides three hours of nap time, although during peak periods – between 10pm and midday the next day – access is limited to two hours. In both cases, this counts as one ‘lounge visit’ in line with your membership.
Travellers with an unlimited-use Priority Pass card may instead choose to visit one of the eight proper airport lounges in Dubai to freshen up and enjoy a bite to eat, before wandering over to the Sleep ‘n’ Fly zone for some rest.
Priority Pass Prestige membership is complimentary for holders of the American Express Platinum Charge Card and the Citi Prestige Visa Infinite card, providing unlimited lounge (and sleep pod) visits, otherwise retailing at US$399 (A$538).
This latest initiative follows a new proposition for Priority Pass at Sydney Airport, with cardholders entitled to $36 worth of food and beverage at selected airport restaurants in lieu of airport lounge access.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available