Melbourne Airport will see the opening of a Plaza Premium lounge in early 2018, providing non-status travellers with the option to pay their way into the lounge for food, drinks and shower access before their flight.
A spokesman for Plaza Premium has confirmed the lounge operator's plans and timeline to Australian Business Traveller.
The lounge will be located at the T2 international terminal on the lower departures level next to the arrivals corridor, and be run in conjunction with a new American Express lounge which will also be operated by Plaza Premium.
The American Express and Plaza Premium lounges will occupy the footprint of the former United Airlines lounge, and also share common toilet and kitchen facilities.
The American Express lounge will have its entrance next to the Singapore Airlines lounge.
While Plaza Premium has yet to reveal the price for using its Melbourne lounge, prices for the Brisbane lounge start at $53 per person for a two-hour stay or $62 for up to five hours. Selected top-tier credit cards, global lounge membership cards or even an eligible boarding pass from one of over a dozen airlines also qualify for complimentary access.
Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel.
- 2 American Express Airport Lounge entries each calendar year
- 2 Qantas Club lounge invitations each year
- Up to 44 Interest-free days and 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Get rewarded with up to 2.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There’s no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, plus American Express will transfer your points straight to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Receive complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership. This allows you to enjoy gourmet food, exceptional wines and exclusive access to food and wine events around Australia.