Cathay Pacific will roll out the welcome mat for new airport lounges in Hong Kong and Singapore in the second half of this year.
It's a slightly less hectic roadmap than 2016, which saw the Oneworld airline open its flagship The Pier Business Class lounge at Hong Kong (a partner to the chic The Pier First Class lounge) as well as long-awaited lounges at London's Heathrow T3 and Vancouver.
By mid-2017 we'll see the debut of Cathay Pacific's new-look Gate 16 lounge at Hong Kong International Airport.
While the airline hasn't been able to snare any more space for the former Dragonair den, it says that the limited area will be put to better use through a more considered Ilse Crawford design and will include an iconic noodle bar.
Gate 16 and the rest of the Dragonair lounges will adopt the Cathay Pacific brand, while the regional airline itself is rebadged as Cathay Dragon.
"Our aim is to make our passengers feel like they are at home when visiting a Cathay Pacific lounge,' says Sabrina Klick, Cathay Pacific's Worldwide Lounges Manager, adding that the over-riding goal will be "to offer a consistent lounge experience."
In Q3 Cathay Pacific will reveal its first dedicated lounge at Singapore's Changi Airport, located in the newly-built Terminal 4 – from which all Cathay Pacific flights will arrive and depart instead of the current T1.
The Cathay Pacific Singapore lounge will be located on the mezzanine level of T4, with views into the apron and runway. At some 800 square metres it will be around half the size of Cathay's The Wing First Class Lounge at Hong Kong.
Terminal 4 itself boasts the hallmarks which have made Changi one of the world’s favourite airports – plenty of room, plenty of greenery, and plenty of shops.
Many of the premium retail spots will sit behind colourful facades representing the city's old Peranakan shop-houses...
... while each of T4’s 21 gates will feature full-height glass and indoor greenery.
T4 will also have seperate arrivals and departures areas with a single security checkpoint opening into the departures floor, rather than the cumbersome system of at-gate checkpoints used in the airport's other three terminals.
Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel.
- 2 American Express Airport Lounge entries each calendar year
- 2 Qantas Club lounge invitations each year
- Up to 44 Interest-free days and 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Get rewarded with up to 2.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There’s no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, plus American Express will transfer your points straight to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Receive complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership. This allows you to enjoy gourmet food, exceptional wines and exclusive access to food and wine events around Australia.