Melbourne Airport has scored a unique first as home to a Woolworths store where travellers can grab their groceries shortly after stepping off the plane, and other airports could follow in its wake.
The Click, Fly & Collect service lets Woolies customers shop online or via the Woolworths smartphone app and then pick up their order from the store, which is located in Melbourne Airport’s terminal forecourt.
"Our Melbourne customers can simply order their groceries online or via the Woolworths app and choose to collect them at Melbourne Airport with the peace of mind that they never need to come home to an empty pantry or fridge" said Kate Langford, head of online business development for Woolworths supermarkets.
Pickups are available seven days a week from 9am to 9pm; if a flight is delayed and arrived after the pickup point has closed, home delivery or another alternative will be arranged.
Chris Woodruff, CEO, Melbourne Airport said that with approximately 80,000 passengers travelling through Melbourne Airport every day, the Woolworths airport Click & Collect service would appeal not only to busy travellers but also the 14,000 people who work at the Melbourne Airport precinct.
Woolworths will trial its Melbourne Airport collection store for six months, and then consider rolling out more Click, Fly & Collect points at other Australian airports.
What's your take on the Click, Fly & Collect service? Would you want to pick up your groceries at the airport on the way home from a trip?
For the latest news for business travellers and frequent flyers, follow @AusBT on Twitter.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card