On the hunt for a new credit card that delivers Qantas Frequent Flyer points? Then take a look at the latest offers from American Express, ANZ, Citibank, HSBC, St. George and Westpac, which collectively place almost 700,000 Qantas Points on the table.
You could even earn as many as 100,000 Qantas Points from a single card application as a business owner or 80,000 Qantas Points this year with a new personal card, so scroll down and discover what’s on offer this May.
1. American Express Platinum personal, business charge cards
Topping the ranks this month: the American Express Platinum Business Card with an offer of 120,000 bonus Qantas Points, with 100,000 bonus Qantas Points offered via the personal variant of this card, the American Express Platinum Charge Card.
Business cardholders will earn that groovy bonus when applying by October 2 2017 and spending at least $5,000 on the card within the first two months, which delivers 120,000 Membership Rewards Ascent Premium points that can be converted to Qantas Frequent Flyer at a 1:1 rate.
Not running your own business? Apply for the personal card instead by October 2 2017 to earn 100,000 bonus MR Ascent Premium points after spending at least $1,500 on the card within the first three months, with points again converting to Qantas at a 1:1 rate.
Personal cardholders can also earn up to three Ascent Premium points per dollar spent (equal to three Qantas Points) against an annual fee of $1,200, while business users can collect up to two Ascent Premium points for every dollar (worth two Qantas Points) for an annual fee of $1,500.
2. Westpac Altitude Black + Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Visa
Again with options for both business and personal applicants, Westpac tempts with an offer of 80,000 bonus Qantas Points on both its personal Altitude Black American Express + MasterCard credit card combo and its standalone BusinessChoice Rewards Visa.
You’ll qualify for the Altitude Black bonus when applying by October 26 2017, spending at least $5,000 on the account within 90 days of card approval and paying a reduced annual fee of $195 in the first year (normally $395).
BusinessChoice customers have things a tad easier: just apply before May 31 2017, pay an annual fee of $150 and those bonus points will appear in your business’ Qantas Business Rewards account after you make your first purchase. From there, simply transfer the points to any personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account of your choosing at a 1:1 rate.
You can also earn up to 0.66 Qantas Points per dollar spent on the BusinessChoice Rewards Visa, while from July 1 2017, Altitude Black cardholders reel in 1.25 Qantas Points per dollar spent via AMEX and 0.625 Qantas Points per dollar spent using the MasterCard, both at home and abroad.
3. ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer Black Visa credit card
ANZ puts its best foot forward with an enticing offer of 75,000 bonus Qantas Points for eligible new customers, plus 75 bonus Qantas status credits which could help you rise through the ranks and attain Qantas Silver, Gold or even Platinum status as a boost to your regular travel earnings.
That bounty of bonus points can be earned after spending $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first three months using the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Visa, while those extra status credits are sent your way when you apply before September 30 2017 and then book and travel on a new Qantas return flight by January 31 2018.
The card’s usual annual fee of $425 is currently waived for new applicants in the first year, with the Visa also delivering one Qantas Point per dollar spent up to and including $7,500 per statement period, and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent thereafter.
4. Citi Prestige Visa Infinite credit card
Look to Citibank for 70,000 bonus Qantas Points with a new Citi Prestige Visa Infinite credit card, offered when applying by June 30 2017 and using the card to make at least one purchase of any amount within the first 90 days.
Just be sure to select the ‘Citi Qantas Rewards Program’ during the application process, and take note that a total annual fee of $749 applies when earning Qantas Points.
Under changes which take effect from June 15 2017, cardholders will collect 1.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent while overseas and with restaurants, hotels and airlines in Australia, one Qantas Point per dollar spent at Australian supermarkets, petrol stations and major national retailers, and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent everywhere else.
5. HSBC Qantas Platinum, St. George Amplify Signature, Westpac Altitude Platinum
Fifth place sees a tie between the HSBC Qantas Platinum Visa, the St. George Amplify Signature Visa and Westpac’s Altitude Platinum AMEX + Visa combo, each with 60,000 bonus Qantas Points on the table. Here’s how you’ll scoop up those bonus points with each bank:
- HSBC: Apply by June 30 2017 and spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months. A $199 annual fee applies, with cardholders also earning one Qantas Point per dollar spent up to $2,500 per month and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent thereafter.
- St. George: Get your application in by September 20 2017 and spend $3,000 within 90 days of card approval to receive 60,000 Qantas Points. If you keep the card for at least 12 months and pay the $279 annual fee in the second year, you'll also be rewarded with a further 30,000 Qantas Points. As of July 1 2017, this card delivers 0.75 Qantas Points per dollar spent.
- Westpac: Lodge your application by October 26 2017 and spend at least $3,000 on either card (or a combination of both) within 90 days of approval. You’ll also earn one Qantas Point per dollar spent via AMEX and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar when using Visa, up to a maximum of 3,750 Qantas Points per month.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available