It may be the middle winter, but that doesn't mean your balance of Qantas Frequent Flyer points needs to freeze over – with over half a million Qantas Points on the table under these top offers from American Express, ANZ, NAB and Westpac.
Even just one card application can furnish up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points for business owners or a still-solid 100,000 bonus Qantas Points for new personal credit card holders, so take a peek at this month's top credit card (and charge card) sign-up deals.
1. American Express Platinum business, personal charge cards
For maximum Qantas Points this month, get your hands on an American Express Platinum Business Card – tempting with 120,000 bonus Qantas Points – or 100,000 bonus Qantas Points via the personal version of the same card: the American Express Platinum Charge Card.
ABN holders can earn those points when applying for the Platinum Business Card by October 2 2017 and spending at least $5,000 on purchases within the first two months (in addition to the card's $1,500 annual fee), unlocking 120,000 Membership Rewards Ascent Premium points which can be converted into Qantas Points at a 1:1 rate.
Otherwise, the personal card unlocks 100,000 bonus Ascent Premium points when applying by October 2 2017 and charging at least $1,500 within the first three months (plus a $1,200 annual fee), which can again be transformed into Qantas Points at a 1:1 rate.
You can also earn up to three Ascent Premium points per dollar spent (on-par with three Qantas Points) or can earn up to two Ascent Premium points per dollar spent on business expenses via the business charge card, with government, utility and insurance payments attracting 0.5 points per dollar spent.
2. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
American Express is also providing a cool bonus of 100,000 bonus Qantas Points with the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card this month – almost double the standard deal of 55,000 bonus Qantas Points on the table for regular applicants.
You can earn the higher 100,000-point bonus when applying by October 2 2017 and spending at least $1,500 on the card within the first three months. An annual fee of $450 applies, but that includes a free Qantas domestic return flight from AMEX, plus two visits each year to the AMEX Lounge at Sydney Airport.
Also up for grabs are 2.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on Qantas flights and Qantas Club lounge membership, 1.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent (uncapped) almost everywhere else including with utilities and insurers, and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on payments to government bodies in Australia.
3. Westpac Altitude Black American Express, Mastercard
A bounty of 80,000 bonus Qantas Points are on the cards at Westpac this month when you apply for the Altitude Black American Express + Mastercard combo, spend at least $5,000 on that account within 90 days of card approval and pay a reduced annual fee of $195 in the first year (normally $395).
That $5,000 spend can be made on the AMEX or the Mastercard, or on a combination of both – but you'll need to apply by October 26 2017 to be eligible for the offer.
You'll also pile up 1.25 Qantas Points per dollar spent via the AMEX and 0.625 Qantas Points per dollar spent when using the Mastercard (except on payments to the ATO in both cases), provided you select 'Altitude Qantas' as your rewards option rather than 'Altitude Rewards'.
4. ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer Black Visa credit card
Most credit cards only offer bonus points when you sign-up, but the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black Visa also excites with bonus status credits too, which can be used to help boost your Qantas Frequent Flyer tier to Silver, Gold or even Platinum.
You'll fetch 75,000 Bonus Qantas Points when you apply, are approved and spend $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first three months – while 75 Bonus Status Credits are yours when you apply before September 30 2017 and then book and take a return Qantas flight by January 31 2018.
There's no annual fee to pay in the first year (normally $425), and you can earn one Qantas Point per dollar spent up to and including $7,500 per monthly statement period, and then 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar thereafter, uncapped, but excluding payments made to the ATO on which no points are earned.
5. NAB Qantas Rewards Signature, Qantas Business Signature cards
In both cases, you'll earn those points after spending $4,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening, provided you apply for the personal card by September 3 2017, or apply for the business card by October 1 2017.
The (personal) NAB Qantas Rewards Visa Signature card also provides one Qantas Point per dollar spent up to $5,000 per month and then 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on amounts of $5,001-$20,000 per month, with no points awarded thereafter, while the Qantas Business Signature card instead offers 0.66 Qantas Points per dollar spent up to $50,000 (33,333 points) per month, and no points thereafter.
Neither card awards points on payments to the ATO – in fact, NAB's lending criteria for the business card specifically state that "you can't use funds to make payments to the Australian Tax Office", let alone earn points on those payments.
Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel.
- 2 American Express Airport Lounge entries each calendar year
- 2 Qantas Club lounge invitations each year
- Up to 44 Interest-free days and 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Get rewarded with up to 2.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There’s no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, plus American Express will transfer your points straight to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Receive complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership. This allows you to enjoy gourmet food, exceptional wines and exclusive access to food and wine events around Australia.