A cool 50,000 Qantas Points are up for grabs through ANZ when applying for the Frequent Flyer, Frequent Flyer Platinum and Frequent Flyer Black cards.
There’s no annual fee in the first year, and by opting for Black, you’ll pay just $400 for one year of Qantas Club membership as a new member.
Normally worth $855 including the joining fee, there’s a considerable saving to be had – and when combined with the fee saving on the credit card, it's an almost irresistible offer.
Without spending a penny, two lounge invitations are available by request, which’ll get you into the domestic Qantas Clubs and international Qantas business class lounges when flying with either the Red Roo or Jetstar.
After this, you’d be wise to consider the discounted Qantas Club membership while the deal is on the table.
Even if you’re already a Qantas Club member or a Gold or Platinum frequent flyer, the double passes can be handy gifts for friends and family travelling alone, or can be used to bring extra guests into the lounge on your travels.
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black cards also get you into 61 lounges around the world, regardless of whether you’re flying with Qantas, Oneworld or even Easyjet.
Lounge lizards will find coverage in big transit ports such as Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai, although no Australian or North American lounges are part of the program.
Download the lounge list: ANZ Black partner lounges [PDF, 292kb]
The magical 50,000 Qantas points are yours for the taking after charging at least $1,500 to the card within the first three months of opening the account.
The generous sign-up bonus is available to all new applicants who are approved by August 26 2014, while the Qantas and international lounge access perks remain available to existing ANZ customers.
Valid only on the ANZ Frequent Flyer, Frequent Flyer Platinum and Frequent Flyer Black cards, with the ANZ Rewards Black cards having a different set of benefits and bonus points.
For more information or to apply, visit the ANZ website.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card