IN BRIEF | Etihad Airways is the latest airline to release a prepaid travel money card in the form of the Visa-backed Walletplus.
Like the travel money cards issued by Air New Zealand, Qantas and Virgin Australia, Etihad will integrate Walletplus into the membership cards of its Etihad Guest frequent flyer scheme, with the first cards being sent to UAE-based Etihad Guest members in March.
Walletplus will cover 11 currencies at launch, with the usual ability to load up each 'virtual wallet' at a fixed exchange rate – although those rates are yet to be released – and use the card online or at point of sale, as well as withdraw local currency from an ATM.
Etihad Guest members will earn one Etihad Guest Mile for every US$2 spent in the UAE and one Etihad Guest Mile per US$1 spent overseas when paying with Walletplus.
In addition to the must-have core currency of UAE Dirham travellers can funnel funds into the US Dollar, UK Pound Sterling, Euro, Indian Rupee, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Japanese Yen and Thai Baht.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available