Emirates’ new Boeing 777X jets will sport all-new business class seats when they take wing in Emirates colours in 2020.
Speaking to media in Dubai at the launch of the airline’s new first class suite, Emirates President Sir Tim Clark shared that the upgraded Boeing 777X business class seat would “resemble what we have on the Airbus A380s upstairs.”
Clark predicts this will mean direct and uninterrupted aisle access from every seat, most likely in a 1-2-1 layout, as opposed to the current and far less favourable 2-3-2 configuration in business class on Emirates’ current Boeing 777s:
While the design of those next-gen business class seats is still under wraps, Clark tips that the latest-generation of Boeing 777 seats flying today will serve as a “test for the new interior design of Emirates”, and that “the same colour scheme will be on the 777X in 2020”.
Clark also confirms that the business class cabin pictured above “represents the last makeover of this generation of seat” for Emirates’ Boeing 777, so there will be no further business class makeovers for the Boeing 777s currently flying between now and the Boeing 777X's debut.
When the changeover is complete, Emirates’ business class passengers will finally be able to enjoy direct aisle access and a fully-flat bed on every Emirates flight, regardless of the aircraft they’re on or their destination.
Chris Chamberlin is visiting Dubai as a guest of Emirates.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card