Emirates will fly a fourth daily service between Sydney and Dubai from 25 March 2018 – and like its three siblings, the service will run on the Qantas partner's flagship Airbus A380.
The new addition to the schedule is EK416/417, and here's where the timings stand.
From 25 March to 30 March 2018, the inbound service EK416 will depart Dubai at 8.40pm and arrive into Sydney at 5.20pm the following day. Once daylight savings kicks out from 31 March 2018, the Sydney arrival time slides back to 4.30pm.
From 26 March to 31 March 2018, the outbound service EK417 will depart Sydney at 5.05pm and reach Dubai at 12.25am the following day. Again, the demise of daylight savings will see EK417 departing Sydney at 4.15pm starting 1 April.
Emirates says the new flight will provide passengers travelling from Europe and North Africa greater connectivity to Australia, as well as complementing Qantas’ rerouting of Sydney-London flights via Singapore instead of Dubai.
Those times roughly approximate the Sydney-Dubai roster for QF1, which is currently wheels-up from Sydney at 3.50pm to arrive into Dubai at 12.25am.
"Emirates’ new service will offer passengers an afternoon departure from Sydney and a convenient arrival in main European cities the following morning," the airline said in a statement.
"It also introduces a new option for passengers to depart London and main European cities in the morning with an afternoon arrival in Sydney the next day with a short connection in Dubai."
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available