ANZ credit card customers can now earn up to five bonus frequent flyer points per dollar spent when shopping online through the new ANZ Rewards Bonus Points Mall.
Similar to the Qantas Points Online Mall and Virgin Australia’s Velocity eStore, shoppers earn their bonus points by visiting the ANZ Rewards website, clicking through to a participating retailer and completing their purchase in that same session.
But rather than earning frequent flyer points direct to your airline account, these are instead awarded as bonus ANZ Rewards credit card points, which you can later manually convert into points with Virgin Australia, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand.
That means you’ll need an ANZ Rewards credit card to participate, such as the ANZ Rewards Black, ANZ Rewards Platinum, ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures or ANZ Rewards Classic cards, with these points given in addition to what you’d ordinarily earn by spending on your card.
However, ANZ’s Qantas Frequent Flyer credit cards aren’t eligible to earn points via the ANZ Rewards Bonus Points Mall, as these cards aren’t part of the ANZ Rewards program: instead earning Qantas Points directly each month.
ANZ Rewards Bonus Points Mall: how many points can you earn?
The number of bonus ANZ Rewards points awarded per dollar spent varies between retailers, as follows:
10 ANZ Rewards points (equal to 5 Velocity points, 3.33 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer miles, $0.05 Airpoints):
- ASOS, Aveda, Bonds, Booktopia, Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts, Cotton On, David Jones, Fossil, Glasshouse Fragrances, iTunes, Marcs, Marks & Spencer Seafolly, StrawberryNET, Wotif and Zanui
8 ANZ Rewards points (equal to 4 Velocity points, 2.66 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer miles, $0.04 Airpoints):
- The Body Shop, Country Road, Forever New, Hotels.com, Kathmandu, Macy’s, My Pet Warehouse and Surfstitch
7 ANZ Rewards points (equal to 3.5 Velocity points, 2.33 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer miles, $0.035 Airpoints):
- Dan Murphy’s, Dell, Lorna Jane, Oroton, Peter Alexander, SABA, Smiggle and Sportscraft
6 ANZ Rewards points (equal to 3 Velocity points, 2 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer miles, $0.03 Airpoints):
- General Pants Co, The Iconic and Samsung
4 ANZ Rewards points (equal to 2 Velocity points, 1.33 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer miles, $0.02 Airpoints):
- Kogan.com, L’Occitane, Wiggle
3 ANZ Rewards points (equal to 1.5 Velocity points, 1 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer miles, $0.015 Airpoints):
- Apple.com, eBay, Menulog, Microsoft, Ted’s Cameras
Remember, these bonus points are on top of any ANZ Rewards points you’d normally earn via your credit card.
Shop with David Jones online and pay with an ANZ Rewards Black American Express, for example, and you’d fetch 10 bonus ANZ Rewards points per dollar spent via the Points Mall, plus a further three ANZ Rewards points per dollar from the credit card transaction itself for an all-out total of 13 ANZ Rewards points per dollar.
ANZ Rewards Bonus Points Mall: maximising your points
To earn bonus points, you’ll need to remember to click through the ANZ Rewards Bonus Points Mall website each and every time you shop – forget that critical step and you’ll earn no bonus points on that transaction.
Also know that many of the retailers participating in the ANZ Rewards Bonus Points Mall are also partnered with the Qantas Points Online Mall and/or the Velocity eStore, and the number of points you can earn per dollar spent may differ between them.
For example, shop with Apple iTunes via the Velocity eStore and you’d collect two bonus Velocity points per dollar, while making the same transaction via the Qantas Points Online Mall attracts a higher three Qantas Points per dollar.
Shop instead via the new ANZ Mall and you’d scoop up 10 ANZ Rewards points per dollar spent with iTunes: equal to five Velocity points or 3.33 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer miles, trumping both airline stores in number.
The opposite can also be true, such as with Microsoft. Shop via the ANZ Mall and you’d earn three bonus ANZ points per dollar (equal to 1.5 Velocity points or one Asia Mile/KrisFlyer mile), while shopping via both the Qantas Mall and Velocity eStore attracts a higher two frequent flyer points per dollar.
That’s why you should take a moment to check how many points you could earn via each of the online malls before making a purchase – choosing the mall that delivers the highest number of frequent flyer points per dollar spent to maximise your earnings.
ANZ Rewards Bonus Points Mall: don’t have an ANZ Rewards card?
If your wallet don’t yet feature an ANZ Rewards credit card, take a look at the following deals to get started:
- ANZ Rewards Black AMEX + Visa: Earn up to three ANZ Rewards points per dollar on everyday spend (plus further bonus points via the ANZ Mall), along with 75,000 bonus ANZ Rewards points after your first eligible purchase in the first three months: $375 annual fee.
- ANZ Rewards Platinum AMEX + Visa: Net 50,000 bonus ANZ Rewards points after your first eligible purchase within the first three months, plus up to two ANZ Rewards points per dollar on everyday spend (plus ANZ Mall bonus points) against a $95 annual fee.
- ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures AMEX + Visa: Enjoy a complimentary return domestic flight each year until the card is cancelled after spending $500 on eligible purchases within the first three months, plus up to two ANZ Rewards points per dollar spent (plus ANZ Mall bonuses). Annual fee $225.
Already an ANZ Rewards credit card customer? Then start shopping now to begin earning bonus points!