China Eastern Airlines is now offering a free chauffeur drive service for business class and first class flyers on its routes between Australia, Shanghai and Beijing.
The complimentary service is limited to a radius of 35km from Sydney Airport, 45km in Melbourne, 40km in Brisbane, and 60km in Shanghai or Beijing.
There are also a few condition and caveats:
- there's only one free transfer per flight: so if you decide to book your driver for a China Eastern flight from Sydney, for example, you won't qualify for a chauffeur at Shanghai
- according to China Eastern, the chauffeur service for Beijing airports is available only for flights MU711, MU712, MU227 and MU728 (which shuttle between Sydney and Beijing via Hangzhou and Nanjing)
- codeshares through local partner Qantas are not eligible
- you need to request your driver via "at least seven working days" before your flight – this has to be done at China Eastern's Limo Service Application website
- if you change your booking after the application has been lodged, you'll be up for a hefty $150 fee
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available