EXCLUSIVE | Cathay Pacific will take delivery of its first Airbus A350-1000 on June 19, ahead of flights to Washington DC and potentially Sydney in the later half of 2018.
The A350-1000 is a stretched version of the A350-900 which is already well-established in the Cathay Pacific fleet and currently flies to Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
It carries some 50 more passengers than the A350-900, but foregoes first class for a three-class layout using the same updated A350 version of Cathay Pacific's highly-regarded Airbus 330 and Boeing 777 business class seat...
... along with the A350-900's all-new premium economy seat.
Also on offer will be inflight Internet, with free access to the BBC, CNN and Euronews channels and Internet connection available at US$10 per hour or – much better value – US$20 for the entire flight.
Cathay Pacific plans to take 20 of the A350-1000s over the coming years, which will be followed by 21 of Boeing's next-gen Boeing 777-9 jets from 2021 – with the 777-9s introducing new first class suites and business class seats for the Oneworld member.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card