Etihad Airways has dropped the price for walk-up access to its Melbourne Airport lounge, while also making the private VIP room – previously reserved for high flyers on the Airbus A380's extravagant three-room Residence suite – available for a flat $40 fee.
Members of the airline's Etihad Guest frequent flyer scheme will now be charged $75 per person, down from $99, to visit the lounge if they're not flying in business class or first class.
Silver-grade Etihad Guest members will see that further reduced to $65 per passenger.
The VIP Room is also up for grabs for an additional $40, regardless of its you're a solo flying looking for privacy or a group of corporate travellers with important business to discuss or conference calls to make before the flight.
The VIP Room has reportedly seen little use since Etihad axed its Airbus A380 service between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi.
Etihad advises that would-be lounge guests can pay on the day of their flight at the lounge, with availability of the VIP Room on a first-come, first-served basis.
100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 2 July 2018 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months of Card approval date. New Card Members only.
- Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services
- Earn up to 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business on eligible flights
- Receive two domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- No pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full every month
- Up to 51 days to pay for your purchases
- Receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your partner and employees holding Supplementary Cards when you use your Card to pay for your travel arrangements.
- Gain better visibility of your staff expenses with $0 Supplementary Cards linked to your account. Up to 99 Supplementary Cards available