British Airways' revamp of its Airbus A320 and A321 fleet will see the Club Europe business class seats gain AC and USB power sockets for each passenger.
It's a tech tweak which will be welcomed by business travellers on flights within the UK and to Europe, as the seats have been notably socket-less in an era when high flyers are becoming increasingly reliant on their smartphone, tablets and laptops.
The first of the refreshed A321 jets is expected to take wing this week.
British Airways will take delivery of the new A320neo jets from later this month, with the larger-model A321neo pulling into Heathrow's hangars in October.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card