American Airlines will open a new Admiral's Club at LAX T5 in the middle of this year, following the airline's move into the terminal space previously occupied by Delta Air Lines.
A spokesperson for American Airlines confirmed to Australian Business Traveller that the Oneworld member and Qantas partner will take over Delta's Sky Club lounge in May, when Delta fully moves out of T5 into T2/T3, "and following a refit, open it during the summer."
The lounge will adopt the fresh-look Admiral's Club template and will roll out the welcome mat for Qantas Platinum One, Platinum and Gold card-holders, along with Qantas Club members on a QF or AA flight number.
The swish new Los Angeles first class Flagship Lounge with exclusive Flagship First Dining is slated to fully open in late 2017, following a late northern spring debut for its New York JFK sibling and, after that, the Miami Flagship Lounge.
All-new Admiral's Clubs in Orlando and Houston will hold their ribbon-cutting by April, with the renovated Toronto re-opening its doors in late northern spring.
Receive 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date.
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Start exploring with a $400 Travel Credit every year
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 Airline Partner Programs including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Spend more and earn more points by getting up to 4 Supplementary Cards for family members at no additional fee
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you'll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your partner and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card