IN BRIEF | Airbus has revealed details of an extensive report into 'billionaire buying habits' as the company seeks to further tap the rich vein of potential VIP jet customers.
We've got the full report available for download, but here are some key take-outs.
- One of the findings is that when billionaires travel, they want to take their lifestyle into the air, and that often means travelling with an entourage – such as those looking after them and advising them on the ground.
- Billionaires in the Middle East favour travel to Europe, including the Mediterranean, which can be reached in flights of just a few hours.
- Differences in billionaires’ buying behaviour can be explained by variations in age, how long they have possessed wealth, and their geographic region. Billionaires in the Middle East have an average age of 61, for example, and tend to be focused on passing on their attitudes and values, as well as their wealth.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel.
- 2 American Express Airport Lounge entries each calendar year
- 2 Qantas Club lounge invitations each year
- Up to 44 Interest-free days and 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Get rewarded with up to 2.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There’s no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, plus American Express will transfer your points straight to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Receive complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership. This allows you to enjoy gourmet food, exceptional wines and exclusive access to food and wine events around Australia.