About to make a Qantas booking? Check your email first, because you could end up scoring twice as many status credits on your trip – and wing your way faster to earning Gold or Platinum status (or keeping your current status for the next 12 months of your membership).
Qantas sent out the first email blast advising Frequent Flyer members of the promotion this afternoon, although it's not open to everyone.
Here's the skinny on the The Red Roo's red hot offer:
- It applies to domestic and international flights on Qantas
- Domestic flights must be booked and travel taken from April 1 through to June 30, 2012
- However, international flights can also be taken from August 1 to August 31 (but not July)
- You need to click a link in the email to register for the promotion any time through to June 30 – if you don't register you won't earn the extra points
- Any Seat Awards bookings are eligible and will earn you double points
- There also also some restrictions on the class of ticket which is eligible for the deal, so if you get the email read the fine print and make sure you're not booking in an invalid ticket class. (Click here for our plain English explanation of booking classes.)
Coincidentally (or perhaps not), Virgin Australia is also running a double status credits promotion for travel booked and flown from March 27 to June 30.
About David Flynn
David Flynn is the editor of Australian Business Traveller and a bit of a travel tragic with a weakness for good coffee, shopping and lychee martinis.